Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Expert from Peres' answers to Winograd commission

Expert from answers of Peres to Winograd commission. Can't vouch for accuracy as this is translation from Russian, but if I have time and access I will bring more translations directly from Hebrew. Peres comes out here as a slime and a demagogue. Let me also remind you that when he heard that the protocols will be published he mentioned he wouldn't give the same answers if he knew. Read and "enjoy".

Peres:
I wouldn't start a war

Gabizon: Did you say anything to Olmert? You are a high ranking minister.

Peres: I said that there are different alternatives

Gabizon: I do not understand why you voted in favor

Peres: And if I were to abstain? There was a majority anyway

Gabizon: If you thought the war was a mistake, why didn't you left the government?

Peres: And loose all the influence?

Gabizon: And how did you influenced?

Peres: I conducted discussions

Einan: With whom? Sharon Stone? And why didn't you turned to press and said...

Peres: What? That I oppose? And damage the moral of our soldiers?

Gabizon: And why didn't you explained your position and left the government after the war?

Peres: Threats of Hizballah require a response. I had no choice.

Einan: You are contradicting yourself, and not answering the question again.

Peres: There is no contradiction. I wouldn't start a war.

Gabizon: But you voted in favor?

Dror: Maybe Mr. thinks he is from UN?

Peres: My friend, I voted because of... circumstances.

Gabizon: Voted in favor of war while being against it?

Peres: I had no other choice

Gabizon: Who didn't had a choice, you personally, or the State?

Peres: I don't deal with personal business. I meant the State.

Gabizon: Did anybody forced you to vote in favor? Could you abstain?

Peres: My dear, nobody promised me anything

Nadel: She didn't ask if anybody promised you anything

Peres: Oh, and I thought...

Gabizon: And despite your position, you voted in favor and supported the government all this time.

4 comments:

Irina Tsukerman said...

Reminds me of a certain American politician.

Unknown said...

who would that be?

Unknown said...

Bill Clinton?

Irina Tsukerman said...

John Kerry. Although now that you mention, Clinton would fit right in there as well.